Who We Are
Tripoli and Mena Association (TMA) Limited is a community based, non-profit welfare organisation. It was humbly established in 1975 by a group of young Arabic speaking migrants. Their main vision was to help people from their community with everyday welfare needs. Meeting these needs enabled the Arabic speaking community to progress and integrate into Australian society.
Since its establishment, TMA Ltd. has expanded and become a unique, little organisation that has achieved big things. Its resource base and service provision are as diverse as the community they endeavour to serve. These resources and services are continually developing to meet the changing needs of the Arabic speaking community.
Aims and Objectives
- To help people from the Arabic speaking community strengthen themselves, their families and their community.
- To increase the Arabic speaking community’s resilience and build social capital.
- To advocate for, and empower, people from the Arabic speaking community.
- To continually meet the changing needs of the Arabic speaking community.
- To deliver our services according to the principles of Social Justice, Access, Equity, Rights, Participation, Empowerment, Inclusiveness, Advocacy, Respect, Duty of Care, and, Values and Ethics.
- To provide information, referral and support services.
- To encourage the preservation of the Arab culture and the Arabic language.
- To promote and encouragemulticultural and cross-cultural initiatives and activities.
- To network with, and develop, sustainable partnerships with other organisations and services relevant to welfare provision.
- Arabic Language Program (Saturday School): Caring. Honesty. Respect. Responsibility. More Info
- Arabic Australian Child Care Centre: A warm and loving environment for your child. More Info
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
- Home and Community Care Packages (HCP): Give Your Loved Ones Quality Care You Can Trust. More Info
- Lakemba Arabic Community HUB: Help , Understand and Serve Each Other. More Info