Who We Are?
Tripoli and Mena Association (TMA) Limited is a community based, non-profit welfare organisation. It was humbly established in 1975 by a group of young Arabic speaking migrants. Their main vision was to help people from their community with everyday welfare needs. Meeting these needs enabled the Arabic speaking community to progress and integrate into Australian society.
Since its establishment, TMA Ltd. has expanded and become a unique, little organisation that has achieved big things. Its resource base and service provision are as diverse as the community they endeavour to serve. These resources and services are continually developing to meet the changing needs of the Arabic speaking community.
Our mission is to provide a quality service to the people of our community through a range of services and programs designed to strengthen our community and promote community connectedness, wellbeing and empowerment.
A vibrant Australian-Arabic speaking community by working with you through all the stages of your life, and where no-one is isolated or left behind.
Aims and Objectives
- To help people from the Arabic speaking community strengthen themselves, their families and their community.
- To increase the Arabic speaking community’s resilience and build social capital.
- To advocate for, and empower, people from the Arabic speaking community.
- To continually meet the changing needs of the Arabic speaking community.
- To deliver our services according to the principles of Social Justice, Access, Equity, Rights, Participation, Empowerment, Inclusiveness, Advocacy, Respect, Duty of Care, and, Values and Ethics.
- To provide information, referral and support services.
- To encourage the preservation of the Arab culture and the Arabic language.
- To promote and encouragemulticultural and cross-cultural initiatives and activities.
- To network with, and develop, sustainable partnerships with other organisations and services relevant to welfare provision.
The TMA Values
Tripoli and Mena Association Ltd. (TMA) respects and values each person. It accepts and supports a diverse range of individuals and encourages them to develop as significant contributors to the community as a whole. It treats all people with honesty, integrity and dignity.
Organisations are much stronger and more efficient and effective when working as a team. The TMA is committed to building teamwork, respect and trust among staff and with clients.
The TMA is committed to providing excellence in service provision to the Arabic speaking community and to each other. It promotes a supportive environment, where high performance, accountability, efficiency, effectiveness and commitment to the work of The TMA are consistent characteristics.
The TMA recognises that strong partnerships with our community are vital to quality service delivery and we foster cooperation and trust to sustain and promote community relationships.
Equality of Access
The TMA is committed to a high level of physical, social and economic access to its programs and facilities. The TMA provides service without prejudice and promotes understanding and respect among all races, religions and cultures.
نسعى جاهدين لتوفير ما يكفي من المساعدة الاجتماعية للمجتمع الناطق باللغة العربية من أجل تحقيق أقصى قدر من الإمكانات البشرية والرفاه للمشاركة الناجحة في المجتمع الاسترالي.
• تلبية الاحتياجات المتغيرة باستمرار للمجتمع الناطق باللغة العربية.
• تقديم المعلومات والإحالة وخدمات الدعم.
• مساعدة الأفراد من الجالية الناطقة بالعربية لتقوية أنفسهم وأسرهم ومجتمعهم.
• زيادة القدرة على التكيف في المجتمع العربي ، وبناء قدرات اجتماعية.
• تشجيع الحفاظ على الثقافة العربية واللغة العربية.
• تعزيز وتشجيع المبادرات المتعددة الثقافات وتعدد الثقافات والأنشطة.
• مناصرة ، وتقوية أبناء الجالية العربية.
• تقديم خدماتنا وفقا لمبادئ العدالة الاجتماعية ، التواصل ، العدالة ، الحقوق والمشاركة ،تعزيز القدرات الفردية، والشمولية ، والدفاع ، احترام واجب الرعاية ، والقيم والأخلاق.
• التواصل مع ، وتنمية وتطوير الشراكة المستدامة مع المنظمات الأخرى والخدمات ذات الصلة لتحسين الخدمات الاجتماعية.