In 2017 the Tripoli and Mena Association was approved by the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to provide support and services to the unique needs of younger people with a disability from Arabic speaking backgrounds:
- The supports and services planned will be responsive and sensitive to the needs and choices of the younger person with disability and will take into account their personal, gender, cultural, linguistic and social needs and preferences using a person centred approach.
- The supports and services will aim to assist the younger person with disability to achieve their dreams and goals both now and into the future in partnership with their families and carers to lead an inclusive and fulfilling life in their community.
What help will be available?
Under the NDIS, the younger person with a disability will have the choice over the supports and services they receive.
The types of supports and services to be provided by the Tripoli and Mena Association under an NDIS package may include:
- Daily personal activities such as:
- Personal Care
- Meal preparation
- Home help with household tasks
- Garden maintenance
- Social support and recreation
- Transport to appointments
How can I access these supports and services?
To be eligible to receive a services and supports under the NDIS, you must have been assessed as being eligible under the NDIS, and approved to receive an NDIS package.
In the first instance, TMA will support you to prepare for the NDIS eligibility assessment by helping you identify your needs and goals; the types of supports that you require to help you to lead a more independent and fulfilling life; help you to prepare the paperwork required eg. medical certificates to prove your disability; and assist you to book an appointment with the NDIS planner to be assessed for an NDIS package.
Once you have been approved for an NDIS package, and if the supports you require are those provided by the TMA, we will discuss and agree on the supports and services to be provided to you and it may include:
- the level of requirements for the supports and services,
- the length of time the supports and services are required for,
- the fees to be paid.
The selected NDIS supports and services TMA will provide will be flexible and can be changed as your needs change.
How much will I have to pay?
The fees will be determined and outlined in your NDIS package and the financial support that has been set and granted to you by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) in your NDIS package.
For more information
If you have any questions or require more information about the NDIS or accessing services you can contact:
- Tripoli and Mena Association
48-50 Taylor St. Lakemba NSW 2195
Ph: 9758 1366 Fax: 9740 6057
tel:1800 800 110 8am to 11pm (local time) Monday to Friday
For people who need help with English TIS: 131 450