The Commonwealth Social Support Group Program is a service that provides leisure activities to the Arabic speaking frail aged. It works to reduce the risk of social isolation by encouraging clients to meet new people, socialise, participate in planned events and activities and hence, lead an active lifestyle.
Who can access this service?
- Seniors aged 65 and over
- Arabic speaking
- Living independently
- Live in Sydney’s Inner West of Eastern Suburbs
- Those who would like to socialise more with other people their age
- Those who would like to learn new things or have time with others that also speak your language
What does the program deliver:
- Information sessions
- Monthly excursions
- Community Events
- Cultural festivities
- Gentle exercise
- Falls prevention
- Music, dance and singing
- Computer classes – including help with smartphones and tablets
Centre transport is available upon request for those who live in the Canterbury and Bankstown district. A small fee applies.
What do I need to do next:
If you wish to receive Individual and/or Group Social Support Services from us, let the My Aged Care Contact Centre know about your preference for the Social Support Program.
- You can contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to find out about services that will assist you continue to live independently at home.
- Your carer, family member, friend or other local service provider can also contact My Aged Care on your behalf.
If you speak a language other than English, please say the name of the language when you call My Aged Care and they will organise an interpreter for you.
You can phone TIS (Translating and Interpreting Services) on 131 450 and ask them to contact My Aged Care.
If you require any more information please call us on (02) 9758 3436
Centre Opening Hours:
Monday-Friday 9:00am till 5:00pm